My youngest fella, Kalen was born almost two years ago on Black Friday (aka the day after Thanksgiving). He was a scheduled c-section so I knew when his birth would occur. Kurtis and I were up at 4:30 in the morning and on our way to Kettering while all the shoppers were preparing for the early sales. Now, as I've had two Thanksgivings come along after Kalen's birth, suddenly this fall holiday brings new meaning to me. I have three beautiful children, for which I am grateful. I adore all three of my kids. But something about my little Kalen makes this holiday more meaningful. He is a lot of work. He is very energetic. He is unbelievably funny. And he is my adorable little man. He brings a joy to our home that I don't think we realized was missing. He is just a delight despite his more "stubborn qualities". Today, I just want to acknowledge the gratitude I have to be a mother to my Sam, Izzy, and Kalen. And I am thankful to be Mrs. Kurtis Eber. I am blessed even when I'm frantic, frazzled, and frizzy!
I love hearing the things you are grateful for. I am grateful that I am your friend!
ReplyDelete