Monday, December 12, 2011

the new and improved Kurtis

For awhile now, Kurtis and I have talked about him cutting his hair-short--really short--bald essentially because of that thing that happens to men that they can't control, premature baldness.  My husband is not a vain man.  In fact, when we first dated, I practically told him what to wear most of the time because he was just clueless about his appearance.  But he does get a little touchy when you mention his hair.  Anyway, he really had postponed the idea of cutting his hair short so I was a little surprised last night when he said I could cut his hair to 1/8 of an inch.  So after the kids went to bed, I did just that.  I cut his hair; we both said we would need to get used to it and then we went to bed.
At 6:45 this morning, I wake up to "honey, I need you to come help me.  I shaved my head this morning and I need you to trim up the back."  Needless to say, I sat straight up in bed!  And sure enough, my hubs' hair was all gone.  So we fixed it up and off to work he went.  I have to say that I'm getting used to it.  It is something I didn't expect. But I think I'll get used to it and love it.
I should add that since we went to Disney, he has worn a very fetching goatee!  I love it!  I think it totally transforms his face and I just think he's so handsome.  Now with the hair (or lack thereof), he looks totally different.  But he's my man and I'm going stick with him through eternity!

3 comments:

  1. He's too young for a midlife crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I found your blog!! And both Jeff and I said at church that his hair looks awesome! He looks so much younger :)

    ReplyDelete