Tuesday, December 11, 2012

flying through the air with the greatest of ease!

So Kalen has shown a tremendous amount of interest involving Zeke. I've tried to encourage it b/c we were worried that Kalen would be jealous, etc.  Every single day he asks to hold the baby at least once.  He'll say things like "baby's eyes open" and "he likes me!"  All which make me laugh at his enthusiasm.  Last Friday Kalen asked to hold baby and I said yes.  He assumed the position on the couch with his legs sticking out and his arms outstretched ready to hold the little guy.  I stood in front of him for when he got tired.  But even as I stood there, I was not prepared for Kalen to say "I done!" and then proceed to fling his little (one week old) brother into the air!  Luckily, Zeke rolled over onto the couch cushion beside Kalen instead of landing on the floor in front of the couch!  The truly sad thing is that had this happened to my first child, I would've been mortified.  As this is my fourth child, I laughed it off, grateful that Zeke landed on the couch and I was nearby to rescue him immediately.  I'm learning quickly not to sweat the small stuff.  After all, kids are made of nerf!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love that Kalen!! I am sure it is no reflection on his deep love for his baby brother though. I have seen his eyes in the photos when he is holding Zeke. He really does have a soft spot!

    ReplyDelete