Tuesday, April 9, 2013

a rare Kalen moment

Well, I've been sick for a week now with major congestion, sinus headaches, laryngitis, and persistent cough.  On top of that has been Grandpa's passing and the upcoming passing of our beagle, Floyd.  To say I'm in a funk is an understatement.  I've had crying fits, fits of rage, moments of sheer exhaustion and I'm not pretty during any of it....at all.  Kurtis took today off of work b/c I've just been a mess and he was worried about me.  As we playing with Zeke and Kalen, Kal stops what he is doing.  He comes over and kisses Zeke, then kisses me, then kisses Kurtis.  He does it a second time.  Then he sits down, holds my hand and says "you are my friends".  It was such a tender moment that I desperately needed.  The house is a mess, the laundry needs folded, tomorrow I go to the viewing of my Grandpa and I had a 30 second reprieve from all the stress when I saw my 3 year old reach out and love me.  This is so uncommon with Kalen and I'm so thankful for the timing of it.  I'm so glad that Kalen's my friend!

2 comments:

  1. This really touched me. Children are certainly in tune with that we need (at times). Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite touched by the Kalen moment. And I am glad to know a few of my own unusual, unexpected but touching experiences.

    Brother-in-law
    Ken

    ReplyDelete