Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January....in with a bang!

Holy Cow; it's January!  How did that even happen!  I missed a bunch of things that happened in December so I kinda have to recap. 
Izzy had a ballet and tap recital in December.  She did great!  I thought she might be nervous or not like the attention but of course, she loved it and it was so cute to see her all dressed up!




I somehow got in this ridiculous banter about the Elves on the Shelves.  It seems like so many people I know have these creepy elf dolls that do silly, fun things each night in countdown to Christmas.  I made the mistake of saying that b/c I was small and annoying, I should be Greta the Elf, too Big for a Shelf!  That launched a ridiculous series of photos taken of myself each day doing dumb things. I would take the ever popular "selfie", renamed "Elfies" and post them on facebook.  Of course, for Christmas Day, I HAD to dress as an elf and climb on top of a bookshelf to make everyone's Elf on the Shelf dreams come true!  It was ridiculous.

We also attended Kurtis' work party which is always fun.  I get to dress up and go dancing with the man of my dreams!  Who doesn't love that!

Lastly, the Christmas 2013 Rundown: 
Mostly for Sam he got games for his Nintendo 2DS or money but he also received a compound bow, a Marker Maker Set, and Legos.
Isabel's highlight was her American Girl Bitty Baby Doll with accessories.
Kalen got more Big Boots and TWO Optimus Prime car carriers.  He was in heaven.
Zeke just got toys, toys and more toys!  The kid is set for life!
Kurtis and I didn't get a ton of gifts but primarily just enjoyed our little family and the joys we have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment