Friday, May 29, 2015

cute stories

while reading stories to Kal tonight before bed, I said "we need to get to bed early b/c you only have 4 more days and then break and then KINDERGARTEN!" He hangs his head and says "I can't do it" I asked "why buddy; what's wrong with kindergarten?" Kal: "I'll be in the same class as Sammy and they'll want me to be nice. I can't be nice enough for kindergarten." I tried not to smile. I told him we have have all summer to work on it.

While sewing a rather difficult pattern for an animal tonight, I realized (as I turned the animal right side out) that an unfortunate fold in the fabric made it anatomically correct. Kurtis got a good chuckle out of the experience

Sam and Iz just got home from their last day of school. My Sam who had never passed a spelling test in his life till mid-way this year came home with an A/B Honor Roll Medal and a gift certificate for making the AR 100 point club! Woohoo! My Sam! And sweet Izzy, who has struggled with reading and started the year with a "0.9" STAR score (which means 0 yrs, 9 months-kindergarten level) finished with a 2.3 (2nd grade, 3 months). This is HUGE! So proud of my sweet babies!

A portion of Kal's exit interview for preschool:

No comments:

Post a Comment