For my birthday, a Raggedy friend sent me 4 dolls that were completely blank...no faces, hair, clothing, coloring of any kind. I thought about what I wanted to do and almost immediately thought "I need to make one for each kiddo." So that is what I did.
At the store, I was able to find some fabric that represented each child: Star Wars for Sam, Disney princess for Izzy, TMNT for Kal, and Paw Patrol for Zekey. I did their outfits very basic, no finished edges. First, it was quicker and easier but also I thought it gave it a simpler look, which I liked for these dolls. I painted each face with each child in mind: Sammy has glasses, Izzy has eyelashes, Kal has freckles, and Zeke is just simply baby-faced. The hair was pretty easy since the boys all have the same haircut. They turned out great and my kids might not appreciate them but I made them for me....my little Raggedy kiddos!
 |
| before |
 |
| freckles |
 |
| my muses |
 |
| okay, silly muses |
No comments:
Post a Comment