Dad: "Sammy, what is on your banana? Is that blood?"
Sam: "I don't know Daddy. I just bit into my banana and it had a seed so I spit it out in the trash can."
Dad: "You did what? Bananas don't have big seeds! Greta, look in the trash can!"
To which this mommy proceeded to look into the trash can at bits of squished banana and blood and replied "There is NO WAY I'm putting my hands in that! You try to find the tooth!" (Might I add that had this not been the very first lost tooth, it would have stayed in the trash can.)
However, Daddy is forever our hero because he did retrieve the tooth and it is currently in a baggie underneath Sam's pillow awaiting the tooth fairy. Oh, how my little six year old was so excited today! It really was just the highlight of his day. Not to mention that besides the tooth fairy, Papaw had promised Sam a dollar for his tooth. The kid sees dollar signs in front of him!
I'm just amazed that even as a mother of three, I still get excited for "firsts" with my kids. It is just amazing to see them go through these new things and though I'm scared to death half the time that I won't know how to handle something, I'm loving the journey nonetheless! Enjoy the picture that is Sam the toothless!
| Sam loses his first tooth, Jan. 5, 2012, at six years of age! |
No comments:
Post a Comment