| me and my Student of the Month |
| she was awarded for being helpful |
Uncle Joe and Izzy on Career Day
On May 23rd, I quoted this story on facebook: I made peanut butter on celery tonight and asked Sam to try it. He takes a bite and says "well, I've had worse."
On Memorial Day, we had a church picnic at a park. Kurtis was in charge of running it and wasn't sure what to do so I had the Cub Scouts come and do a flag ceremony. They presented the flag, led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, sang the 1st verse of My Country Tis of Thee, had a moment of silence and gave a prayer. It was very simple, sweet and poignant and I'm so glad we did it.
On May 27th, I made this comment about Kalen and it's so true. He uses all his toys and makes little scenes. It is hilarious and really I tend to not mind the mess b/c of how sweet it is to see him play. So Kal LOVES police cars and fire trucks! First Responders are this kid's dream...it doesn't matter if it's Transformers Rescue Bots or Hotwheels or Big Boots or whatever as long as it's an emergency vehicle. And then every single day, my little 4yo recreates accidents and crime scenes in his bedroom with all his vehicles. I would be worried if it weren't for how stinkin' cute it is.
Kalen had a preschool program on Friday night. It was called graduation b/c some of the older kids will be going on to kindergarten next year but Kal still has one year left of preschool. I can't believe how quickly all the children are growing up. It makes it bittersweet to watch them get older. Kalen sang some songs at his program, we had a picnic dinner, and the best part of the night was when the preschool children sang Going on a Bear Hunt and Zeke was dressed as the bear. I didn't get a great picture of it but we have it on video for posterity.
Not wanting to be outdone after his siblings all finished their school years, Zeke decided to do something "grown up" too. Zeke said his first full sentence today when he looked at Papaw and said "Here ya go!" I now have a 4th grader, a 2nd grader and a second year preschooler in the house :)
Lastly, a friend from church loves to do photography and she took some cute pics of Zeke this past week. First at the Memorial Day picnic and then at the Bike Rodeo at church.






No comments:
Post a Comment