The kids started school today and I've had a lot of thoughts about it. I always love them starting school, having time to themselves away from siblings, something to keep them busy and occupied, a chance for them to grow. But it is also hard to let go. To watch them get on the bus and go off to be another year older, another year bigger, another year wiser, another year closer to growing up. It's hard. I posted this story on facebook last night and wanted to keep it on the blog for posterity. It's a testament to being so proud of my children and yet, my heart feeling the weight of their worries.
Clothes
are set out for tomorrow. Bookbags are ready. Lunches are packed.
Everyone got a Father's blessing before bed. Izzy comes out and says
"Mommy, please come talk to me in my bedroom" As I follow her in, she
begins to cry that she is scared and nervous and she "forgot to sharpen a
pencil for her desk at open house last week". I hug her, kiss her and
tell her "Mommy left a sharpened pencil in your pencil case. It's all
ready for you." I'm so excited for them to start school tomorrow but
I'll be honest, I cried when I came out of her room. Letting go is the
hardest part.
Also, here are the pictures....First Day pictures! Fun, fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment