Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Reflection of a mom the week before school starts

 I am HAPPY and EXCITED for my kids to start school.  Sometimes I think that makes me a bad mom b/c I like for them to be gone during the day BUT let me clarify: I love my children.  I love being around them.  And I don't like that they are growing older and more independent.  But I also love that they get away from their siblings and gain independence and discover themselves as they are. I love that they have school friends and learn new things.  I love that they have time away from me b/c while I am their biggest cheerleader, I'm sure I'm their toughest critic b/c I see so much of what they can become.  I love that they have a chance to experience the world but still are in a safe environment.  Yes, schools are not what they used to be.  Yes, schools have had frightening experiences of late. But school is where our children grow, learn to stand on their own and not rely on parents so much.  School is where are kids discover that they can, they will, and they have potential to be.  So while I love my babies, I am excited for them to start school next week.  They are such amazing little people and I can't wait for more people to see them as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment