Sunday, March 1, 2015

Izzy's baptism and some cute conversations

Isabel turned 8 years old last Sunday which meant she was old enough to be baptized.  We really try to talk to the kids and help them understand that baptism is a choice and it is a BIG event.  We were so excited to invite anyone and everyone she knows and although Izzy is pretty timid, I think she liked the attention and the idea of her special day.
She wore the same dress she wore as flower girl in Uncle Joe's wedding a few years back and she borrowed a dress from another little girl at church to actually be baptized in.  It is an adorable dress and I'm so thankful that they let us borrow it.  Kera Butler,  a sweet gal at church, did Izzy's hair so it stayed up the whole time and she wore her Elsa shoes that she got for her birthday.  We took a few pictures beforehand.





We were very excited with family and friends that came to her special day.  Sis. Floyd and Sis. Allison each participated in our portion of the program and I sang a song.  Later in the evening, Izzy was singing my song over and over and kept telling me "I really like that song Mom."  We had every single member of my family there which was monumental!  Kurtis' parents and two of his brothers with their families were there.  It was really just perfect.


Some cute comments that were made after the baptism.  We were discussing how many missionaries were at Izzy's day.  She had 8 there and I also had 8 at my baptism.  Kalen says "I'm only having 2 missionaries at my baptism and those are......the GIRLS!"  Apparently, he likes our Sister Missionaries.
At dinner, Aiden (age 4yo) is sitting next to me.  He is one of my music students and he says "You know what kid liked your song today?  I'm that kid!"  It was so sweet and made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment