Thursday, December 3, 2015

Kal's growing older and wiser too.....

Last week was Thanksgiving and the birthday of two special little boys.  First off, Kal turned 6 years old and we had a "GI Joe party" for him, complete with grenades that would tick down and then "explode".  It was a small party but there was a lot of fun had.  But perhaps, the special moments that happened for me were one-on-one times with my sweet boy.
The night of his birthday party Kal was curled up in bed with me and said "Mom, thanks for making me birthday cupcakes and letting my friends come and play."  This is huge coming from Kalen b/c he never acts like this or thanks us for anything.
A few nights later, he was throwing a fit before bed and after arguing a ton I said "Kalen, I can't take it anymore!  I can't do this!"  After a few minutes, he meekly came to me and said "Momma, what can't you do anymore?  Can you not do 'me' anymore?  B/c I love you."  It melted my heart and I had to stop and speak softly to him.  I had to remind myself that he is listening and taking in everything I say.
We're going through some stuff with Kal and learning how to help him.  The child psychologist did diagnose him the ADD recently and we now have to start the next process of seeing how to have him treated medically.  Also, we're starting counseling for anger management.  All of these things makes the tender, sweet moments with Kalen that much sweeter and more tender.  I'm so thankful for him and the joy he brings us.  No one makes me laugh the way Kal does.  He's just his own special little guy and I'm really glad he's my boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment