From the back of the van on the way to school:
Kalen: "Mom, wanna hear a joke? Why did the cow cross the road?"
Mom: "Why?"
Kalen: "To see Santa Claus!"
(insert loud laughter from Kal and Zeke)
Mom: "What do you think the cow asked Santa to bring him?"
Kalen: "I don't know."
Zeke: "PANCAKES!"
(insert more laughter!)
Last night Sam played the drums while Penny sang "Little Drummer Boy" at the church music fireside. I told him it was his drumming debut. I asked Kal "didn't Sammy do a good job playing the drum?"
Kalen: "Not really!"
Geez, brothers!
While at the fireside last night, a trio sang the song "Baby in a Manger".
Sam: "What is this song called?"
Kal: "Baby in a Manger."
Sam: "Who is the baby?"
Kal: "I think they mean Jesus"
Sam: "Oh, I thought they meant maybe like when a dad calls a mom his baby."
Also, last night we were out late at a Music Fireside at church. We hurried
home and rushed the kids through the bedtime routine. Sam begged me to
give him a few minutes b/c he had an idea and wanted to write it down
before he forgot. Kurtis and I kinda hollered at him but told him to go
ahead. This afternoon I looked over what he wrote as his "budget
report" for the money he has asked for Christmas: 20% goes to savings,
10% goes to buying, 20% goes to helping (friends) and 55% goes to
Missionary savings" I asked him when he got home what he meant, he said
"I want to start saving for my mission so I can go someday." Those
moments don't happen when we're looking for them or even when we're
trying to teach them. They get it and they will demonstrate how they
get it when you least expect it!
No comments:
Post a Comment