I'm trying to spend a few days blogging about our family vacation just for posterity's sake. I'll start at the beginning. First of all, we had a great time and saved a great deal b/c we were given a chance to use a time share from Deb and Brian Bickers. We got 8 days and 7 nights in a two-bedroom villa for under $400! It was amazing with an eat-in kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Plus Sam and Izzy loved the swimming area...it was way more than just a pool. There was a slide, a pool that you just walk into and a wading pool area for Kalen. Kalen only went once b/c they usually went when he was napping. But the one time Kurtis took him he loved it! We had a nice living room with TV/DVD player which was actually a lifesaver b/c we often went back to the villa and watched movies to "detox" from a day at Disney! I was also able to do laundry for free in our villa which helped with packing.
Being at the Columbus airport by 6 am was daunting for us. The kids did well with both Kalen and Izzy sleeping on the way to the airport and then they spent a lot of time walking around looking at planes out the windows. Sammy sat next to the window with Izzy in the middle on Mommy on the aisle. Daddy and Kalen sat in the seat in front of us which was an experience. Kurtis and I spent the two hour flight passing Kalen back and forth until he finally crashed on my lap the last 30 minutes of the flight. Most people were pretty polite about the whole "kid on the plane" thing. But it was a flight to Orlando! There had to be at least 50 kids on that plane:) It was so fun to experience it with the children. Below is a picture of Kalen on Saturday afternoon once we got to the villa. Needless to say, he was pooped.
The last picture is actually from the plane ride home b/c I was too tired to get pictures in the airport on our way to DisneyWorld but to continue with the plane theme, I'll show it here!
No comments:
Post a Comment