Friday, October 14, 2011

A mermaid, some chipmunks, and Mickey Mouse!

Once we were "star wars-ed out", we promised Isabel that we would do something girly so we headed to the other side of Hollywood Studios so see The Little Mermaid show.  We were sidetracked a few times.  As we were walking around we saw a line for some "nutty" guys named Chip and Dale!  They are my dad's all-time favorite characters so we were sure to stop for a photo and some autographs.
Next we hopped in line for a girls only pic with Minnie Mouse.  Please note that she is in her "hollywood studios" dress.  The characters are always dressed to fit in with whichever park they are attending.

After that we decided to get lunch and then, yet again, we were sidetracked before the Mermaid and went to see Disney Junior on stage.  This featured Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  If there was one thing that Kalen would like about DisneyWorld, this would be it.  It was totally up his alley. First off, Kalen LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!  He just can't get enough of it. Most of the pictures I have are just of him smiling, clapping, and being fully in awe of this stage show.  We all sat on the floor and occassionally bubbles and confetti would rain down on you.  Isabel and Sam also enjoyed it but really, this was our one "do this for Kalen" event.  I love the following picture of him getting VERY EXCITED!






Handy Manny

Little Einsteins



Jake and the Neverland Pirates


When we finally left this show (it was about 30 minutes), we headed directly to the Little Mermaid show.  I only have pictures of the sign b/c they would not allow flash photography in the theater.  It was about 15 minutes and was essentially a movie of the movie.  There was a real-live Ariel on stage for part of the show and the girl could sing.  For a brief moment, I got teary-eyed and thought "this is what I would do if I had a chance to do anything as a career".  It was the first of many times that I thought I could work at Walt Disney World and be happy every day of my life.  I could sing like this and just enjoy the joy of others around you.  It was cool. They also had dancers dressed in black with a black light on stage and danced to "Under the Sea". Kurtis was very impressed with how they staged it.  It was just a neat show and Isabel, of course, was in seventh heaven!

Our kids were starting to get tired by 2pm and honestly, it was heating up outside.  We made a hasty decision to hunt down Phineas and Ferb and then call it a day.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize that it was a 45 minute wait for Phineas and Ferb.  It was one of the longest lines we endured in the entire trip but it was fun and hey, we got their autographs!

After that, we called it a day.  We headed home for a nap, some dinner and then spent the evening swimming.  I highly recommend for anyone who goes to Disney with toddlers to keep your days short and just swim or hangout in the evenings. The babies will be happier and so will the parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment