On the way home from church yesterday, Sammy completely freaked out and began this conversation:
Sam: "I don't know any other girls besides Isabel that I can marry."
Daddy: "you don't need to know any girls right now to marry. you have plenty of time to wait before you're married."
Mommy: "Yeah, like 20 or 30 years!"
Sam: "But I have to marry a girl I like so I can be a daddy."
Daddy: "yes, but you aren't going to be a daddy anytime soon so don't worry about it now."
Sam: "Dad! The new baby is coming and I have to practice on my own baby so I know how to help Mom take care of the new one!"
Daddy: "Well bud, it's great that you want to help Mommy but it works the other way around. Help Mommy take care of the new baby and then when you're older, you will know how to take care of your own baby."
Sam: "But what if the girl I like doesn't want to have babies and I do?"
Daddy: "well, we'll worry about that when the time comes!"
Seriously, I'm going to have to lock this kid in his room when he turns 13!
And on the way to the store today, Sam begins grumbling that I never do anything nice for him! I had already decided to take him to Game Stop to look for a used video game but after that I told him to forget it! Suddenly One Direction comes on the radio with "You don't know you're beautiful"
Smart little boy that he is, Sam changes the lyrics to "That's what makes Mom beautiful." Then proceeds to make sure that I know he is singing about me! Am I a sucker? Yeah, we went to GameStop after the grocery store:)
No comments:
Post a Comment