Monday, August 20, 2012

Sam's first day of second grade

Sam started school today...second grade!!!  It seems so strange to me that he is old enough for it; well, let me rephrase-that I'm old enough to have a second grader. I love this kid so much; I can't describe it.  Last night we got everything ready b/c I'm not good at getting up on time.  His bookbag was ready, his clothes were laid out, and I had his lunchbox set up.  Daddy asked him if he would like a blessing and he said yes.  So Kurtis sat him down on the couch and said a prayer over him.  As Kurtis prayed, my eyes filled with tears as I thought of my little bub starting a new phase of life.  When Kurtis finished, Sam looked up at his daddy with tears in his eyes and said "I feel ready now Dad.  I'm not scared at all.  It will be great."  I had to take a minute to process what was happening.  Seeing Sam find comfort from his dad and Heavenly Father made my heart full.
This morning worked like clockwork.  Sam was up, fed, dressed, and ready to go.  He was so excited.  I'm curious to see how he feels in about an hour when I pick him up from the bus stop.  And then Wed comes and we send off the kindergartener!  Oh, what will each day bring!
                                                                                              SECOND GRADE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment