Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Momma needed a laugh today....

So yeah, this is basically another Sam says episode b/c let's face it, my kid says some funny things.  Today's topic centered around my brother, known to us as "Uncle Joe".
Uncle Joe is getting married in October and Sam is slightly in love with his soon-to-be Aunt Karrie.  Uncle Joe told Sam today that he had bought a house. Sam says to me (in front of my brother): "Mom, Uncle Joe is buying a new house and it costs a lot of money.  We should pray tonight that the Lord will send Uncle Joe some money b/c he needs it."  Meanwhile, I'm thinking "that's so considerate Sam.  Maybe the Lord will send us some money too."
Sam: "when you buy your new house and we come over for dinner, can you invite Karrie for dinner too?"
Uncle Joe: "well, since we're going to be married, it's a good chance that she'll be there too."
Sam: "Wait!  did you let her see the house?  b/c she might not want to live in that house unless she likes how it looks!"
Uncle Joe: "it's okay.  She went with me and picked the house out."
Sam: "oh, okay."
Sam also recently discovered that Uncle Joe had one of his dogs pass away (it happened around Easter).  Sam: "Uncle Joe, I'm sorry that your dog died.  I really hope your other dog doesn't die."  Uncle Joe: "no Sam, she's not going to die. but thank you buddy for thinking of me."
On the way home from that little adventure, Isabel notices that my Rose of Sharon bush is blooming. I've been obsessed with it all summer.  She says "Mommy, your bush looks great!"
Mommy: "yes, Izzy, it does."
Sammy: "Mom, I wish we had a bush on the other side of the garage so you could have two flowers to look at."
Mommy: "we do.  Remember the rose bush you bought me last year for my birthday."
Sammy: "let me go look at it. (pause) Oh Mom!  It looks great!  I think it's grown some!"

Sam certainly is his own guy.  I love that about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment