Monday, September 2, 2013

Starting Sept off right

Well, so much for catching up and staying caught up!  I totally blew off the last week of August and now we're in Sept!  Woo, better get caught up....again.....
So Kalen had his first day of preschool and LOVED IT!  He is going to the same preschool Sammy went to and even though we haven't been there for a few years his teachers both said "he's just like Sam."  I found it a little surprising b/c I have in my memory that Sam was a little more mellow than Kalen but maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe I just keep telling myself that.  Needless to say, last week Kalen was great. He doesn't cry when he gets dropped off, just runs to play.  He told my sister today that he has "lots of friends".   On Thursday as we were leaving, he made me walk back into the school (we were already in the parking lot) so he could tell Mrs. Frey goodbye!  He really enjoys getting his bookbag on and going with Daddy and the older kids to go school.  The last three days he's gone to school, he has been dressed and wearing his backpack before I'm even out of bed.  I hope he keeps loving school this much.



Sammy has been growing a garden in Cub Scouts this summer and in May he came home with Sunflower seeds.  We planted them and boy did they grow!  He's been so proud of them and I'm happy to see him work hard at something and then have it come to fruition...literally!  He also enjoyed picking his tomatoes and then going around one Monday evening and passing them out to friends.  It really brought him a lot of joy!


This past weekend we drove to Michigan to stay and visit with Kurtis' brother Kelly and family.  The kids had a blast.  Kelly and Chalene were married the same year as Kurtis and I and every year one of us has had a kid so has the other so:
We have Sam (8yo) they have Evan (8yo).  We have Iz (6yo), they have Benjamin (6yo).  They have Kayla (4yo), we have Kal (soon to be 4yo) and we both had babies in 2012: Savannah and Zeke.  So it's fun when the kids get together and have time to play.  Evan was getting baptized and it was so sweet to be there and be a part of it.  I know Kurtis loves supporting his brother and being able to watch his nephews/nieces grow up.  It was a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had fun visiting us! We want you to come back. :)

    ReplyDelete