Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My real age

Kurtis' dad had a stroke two weeks ago and it took us all by surprise.  Charles is a young 74 years old and still does hikes and camp outs with his 11 year old scouts.  With that being said, I often say that Charles at 74yo is healthier than my parents at 64yo.  But when confronted with this new development, the Eber kids were all talking and the comment "Dad needs to act his age" came up.  Some of us (myself included) want him to take it easy from the hiking and the camping while others think he should do what he likes to do and is physically capable to do no matter his age.  It's all been a very interesting thing and has caused me to ponder my own AGE and how I should be acting and so here it is:
I like to think that I'm living my ideal age.  Now my ideal age, my REAL AGE, is not a number.  It's a mindset.  I like to think that I'm YOUNG ENOUGH that I'm still cool to the younger generation.  I'm YOUNG ENOUGH to be in touch with the younger generation and what they like.  I'm YOUNG ENOUGH to have fun and be whimsical and carefree.  But I'm also OLD ENOUGH to have wisdom to offer the younger generation.   I'm OLD ENOUGH to appreciate and have learned from my past experiences, good and bad.  But I'm also YOUNG ENOUGH to hope for more experiences, good and bad.  I'm OLD ENOUGH to know that I don't know everything but YOUNG ENOUGH to keep learning.  I'm OLD ENOUGH to know better and YOUNG ENOUGH to sometimes not care :)  I like to think that I'm at the ideal age, the real age I want to be.  It's not a 20s, 30s, or 40s thing.  It's the age where I appreciate my life and see my growth but at the same time, I hope I have more growing to do and look forward to doing it.  I just want to be YOUNG, OLD ENOUGH to always look around me and appreciate, love, and keep dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment