For Isabel's birthday this year, I feel as though we celebrated for an entire week. First she got tickets to see Disney Princesses Live on Stage and went with Mamaw (my mom), Mommy and Izzy. Just us girls! Mamaw even splurged and got her a princess purse, a light up wand, and we each got pink lemonade in matching princess cups! And that all happened five days before her birthday!
Most of the pictures are pretty blurry b/c I can't work the buttons on my camera but I wanted to include a few for posterity's sake:)
Next, on Isabel's actual birthday, Aunt Tara came over and brought presents from Aunt Tara and Aunt Becky. She got a bath toy with Ariel and an Ariel barbie doll and Rapunzel barbie doll. She also had lunch with Ma and Pa (Mamaw and Papaw) and received the ultimate gift--an American Girl doll that she named Isabel Evelyn (b/c the doll was made to look like her).
On the day after her actual birthday, she had a birthday dinner with both sets of grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa Eber got her a zhuzhu princess carriage and a lunchbox that says Isabella on it. Yes, we know her name is Isabel but they only had Isabella at the store so I'm now on a creative mission to cover up the "la"!
Lastly, the Saturday after her birthday we had a Dora birthday party with friends. Normally I try to make/decorate the cake but this year I cheated and bought a cake. But I did plan all the games we played. We started by calling for "The Map" who told us which way to go--1) Crayon Corner (where we colored Dora pictures) 2) the Troll Bridge (where we solved his riddle of how to spell the birthday girl's name) and 3)Gift Grove (where we opened Isabel's presents). Along the way we stopped to "reach up and catch" Explorer Stars and Pin the tale on Swiper before he swiped all our stuff. Lastly we had cake, ice cream, and then played dress up with MANY princess dresses. Once we were dressed up, we had to have a runway show to show off. Even Kalen got into the festivities and dressed as Spiderman to escort the ladies. He did end up in a pair of heels though:) Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment