When Kalen was born, he had very little hair. It was so blond and so "peach fuzzy" that everyone joked he was bald. I was always quick to rally to my baby's defense and say his hair was just light. It took well over 18 months for him to get a lot of hair but once it started growing, Kalen ended up with A LOT of curls. With the unusually warm weather over the last few weeks, Kurtis noticed that Kalen was sweating when he was asleep so we decided to cut his hair. I don't mean trim his hair; I mean CUT his hair....buzz cut. I got out the trimmers and set them for the longest setting (1 inch) and went to work. Kalen did not cry or cringe or move. He sat on Daddy's lap and took it like a man. Mommy, however, sobbed like her heart would break and saved every bit of hair that she could pick up off the floor. No more curls, no more baby hairdo, no more baby. Kalen is officially a little boy! It does look cute but it was an emotional task, to say the least.
 |
| front view of before |
 |
| back view of before |
 |
| the casualties |
 |
| after |
 |
| after |
 |
the new 'do
|
No comments:
Post a Comment