Wednesday, March 7, 2012
just a thought
As I got ready for bed last night, I had an errant thought. One I've had before but never shared. Sammy and Isabel are 22 months apart in age. That means for two whole months, namely March and April, they are only one year apart. So when people ask me how old my children are, I have to say "well, Sam is 6, Izzy is 5, and Kalen is 2." For some reason this annoys me to no end. I hate the idea of people thinking that I just popped one out right after the other. Especially because that really isn't the case. Popping one out takes a lot of effort and planning on our part. So, okay, technically that isn't true with Isabel. She took no planning and caught us completely by surprise (hence the 22 months apart thing) but I digress. ANYWAY, so whenever this two month time period comes around, I find myself rounding up my children's ages. For instance I will say "oh, Sam will be 7 in May, Izzy is 5, and Kalen is 2." I know that sounds weird but that's what I do....am I being anal or making too much of something? Does anyone else do this I wonder?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, it is true for us--we DID just pop them right out. Will and Isaac are 16 1/2 months apart, and Isaac and Eli are 21 months apart. And then of course, Eli's temper got the best of me and I felt it prudent to wait three years before I had Laila.
ReplyDelete