Monday, April 27, 2015

Kalen the storyteller

On the way home from preschool today, Kalen, Zeke and I passed a construction/city crew working on digging a hole outside a local business.  When I asked Kalen what he thought they were doing, his story went something like this:
Kal: "They are digging a hole into the sewers to hunt for mouses."
Me: "They are hunting mouses?"
Kal: "Yes, they will send cops down there to get the mouses."
Me: "We should call Papaw and ask him if cops really hunt mouses.  I'm pretty sure they don't do that."
Kal: "Not Papaw cops but cops like Uncle Joe and a few others.  Papaw is the leader of the cops and he has to stay at the base.  Maybe another cop stays with him so he has help but all the others go with Uncle Joe to hunt the mouses."
(Little point--Papaw is a RETIRED police officer and Uncle Joe is a patrolman which is where I think he was differentiating them.)
Me: "So the cops go into the hole to kill the mouses?"
Kal: "No.  They don't kill the mouses.  They just get them out of the sewers.  Ninja turtles can live in the sewer but not mouses."

And no, I didn't bring up Splinter from TMNT!

No comments:

Post a Comment