Monday, August 10, 2015

I'll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord

So 2015 has not been my year.  I've had pneumonia, broken my finger, our finances have been up and down, I'm been battling with anxiety/depression pretty severely, I finally had to call it quits on being Cubmaster, and today we got the call that Sam didn't get into Bethel schools (even though he's been going there since kindergarten).  I feel like I'm going through a divorce.  I now have to enroll the kids (all 3) into new schools.  And when we thought they would start school on Aug. 27th, we now find out they are starting next Tuesday, the 18th.  I've literally lost a week of planning and preparing.  Not to mention different school supply lists, different start/stop times, transportation issues and preparing a 10yo and an 8yo to now go to a whole new school with all new friends/teachers/buildings.  Needless to say, I'm overwhelmed.
But has I've thought and cried and prayed and cried and worked and prayed and cried, I've remembered that the Lord has a plan.  And I've promised Him that I would put my faith into action.  "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain or vale or sea.  I'll say what You want me to say, dear Lord.  I'll be what You want me to be."  It is not always easy when the Lord's will doesn't match mine. Or when His timing is SO not mine.  Or when He forgets to send me a memo and let me know the change is coming.  But I believe He loves my children....maybe even more than me, if that's possible.  He knows I'm worried about them adjusting and I fear for their fears of starting new.  He knows that this is a challenge for all of us and I have to find a way to help my kids overcome the challenge as well.  He has a plan.  So yes, I may cry again tonight before bed.  And I'll probably cry tomorrow and the night before the first day of school.  I may even cry on the first day of school.  But I know that He hears my tears and He doesn't shut out the sound.  He stops and listens and He may even cry along with me.
About an hour after I got the call about Sam, I loaded all the kids up and headed over to his new school to enroll him. While talking to the secretary, I realized that my neighbor is the principal at Sam's new school.  I talked to her and the school librarian and told them the situation about open enrollment at Bethel.  As we finished up the paperwork, the librarian said "why don't you let me give you a tour of the school?"  She then proceeded to take Sam (and the rest of us) through the building showing him the music room, art room, library, cafeteria, gym, and his homeroom. She explained how his classes would go and what kind of things they would do.  She talked to him about books and his love of reading.  He gave her a hug at the end and we headed out the door with Sam excited about a new school and a new experience.  How could I not walk away feeling like the Lord was sending little blessings our way?  He knows us, He knows what we need, and He is very, very real.

1 comment:

  1. Greta, I am touched and taught by your faith. It will be okay....and I'm sure it will be hard. You and your sweet kids are loved.

    ReplyDelete