So we're halfway through August and every day I think that I need to recap July but never do. So what else can a girl do but stay up late in the evening to try to get it done. I tend to mark summer by major activities. For instance, Summer 2015 was prioritized like this: 1. Raggedy Ann Rally 2. Cub Scout Day Camp 3.Sam Swim Team/Kal T-ball 4. Eber Family Reunion 5. finish off summer before Back to school prep!
So let me elaborate on some highlights!
Sam's Swim Team: Sam asked to join the swim team this year and I was against it. He isn't a real competitive sports kinda guy and I was afraid it would be rough on him but Boy, was I wrong. It was only 8 weeks with 2 practices a week with a swim meet every Wed. I thought he wouldn't learn much but it would be a more relaxed approach for him. He did great! It was rough the first couple weeks but by the end, he was earning ribbons for 3rd, 4th, and 5th place! He started out in one race and by the last meet swam in 4 races including 2 relays. He tried and maybe he wasn't the fastest swimmer but there is no doubt in my mind that he was the most improved.
Kal finished up his t-ball team and got an awesome trophy. He is now in soccer and is becoming quite our athlete!
We also did an impromptu trip to see the Indianapolis Temple Open House. This was an opportunity for our kids to walk through the temple before it is dedicated. It was a lot of fun. We had a moment where we were all standing together in the Celestial Room and I just felt that this is what it is all about. Being together forever! It made it so wonderful!
We did indeed have an Eber Family Reunion. I won't say I was overly excited about part of it b/c we were all in one big cabin with 12 adults and 26 grandkids (aged 2 months old to 21yo). It was a lot of personalities, a few different families on different time zones, and many different appetites, schedules, and personalites (did I say that once already?). But the kids had a great time. The indoor pool was a huge hit. We got to see Patten get his Eagle Scout award. And Kurtis was happy which is important to me. But I would enjoy it more if we each had our own cabin :)
My Raggedies by Greta business has been fun. To date I've made 34 Anns and Andys, over 15 camels, some Arthurs and Eddie Elephants and many teacup Annies. I'm having such a great time expanding my knowledge and trying something new. I'm finding that sewing makes me happy and helps me to feel important and creative. It's also been fun to expand my Raggedy collection into something far more personal.
So yeah, I think that's pretty good for now! Hopefully August won't be done by the time I catch up!


No comments:
Post a Comment