Friday, August 19, 2011

little blue people

Today I went to see the Smurfs movie with my sister Becky, Sam and Isabel.  While it was not like the Smurfs from my childhood, it was a good movie.  It was just short enough to keep the kids engaged and clean.  Any adult humor was just that...adult humor that was over the kids' heads so I didn't have to explain anything. I love that I could share something of my childhood that I loved with my kids.  I love that Sammy and I could discuss our favorite smurfs and why they say "smurf" for everything.  I love that I could sit with my kids at a movie theater and have time with them.  They are so precious and to just enjoy them beyond feeding them, clothing them, keeping the house clean, etc. was so special.  I often feel taken for granted or underappreciated. I get flustered with all the little activity in my house.  I wish for moments of solitude and peace BUT when it all comes down to it, I would never trade this.  I would never give up the good, the bad, or the ugly with my kids b/c they are mine!  I love them and I would share these type of things with them every moment I get.....and hopefully, I'll get to share these things with my grandkids one day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment