Friday, August 12, 2011

wild animals, oh my!

Took the kids to the zoo today along with my mom and dad; my sister and her boys!  what an exhausting experience!  First off, Mom and Dad got to ride the motorcycle and enjoy the wind in their hair while I drove the minivan with five kids and my sis.  So NOT a fair trade.  When I mentioned this to my mom, she smiled and said "I paid my dues when you kids were little."
When we got to the zoo, everyone was very excited.  We rode the train and saw lions and bears (but the tigers were inside and would not come out).  The cheetah (Sam's fave) was being moved to a new zoo and the giraffe (Izzy's fave) was "on vacation" while the zoo renovates its habitat so both of my kids were a bit let down.  Kalen on the other hand spent most of his time pointing at various animals and going on in baby babble about each one!  His favorite was the orangatan (misspelled) b/c it had its face pressed up against the glass right where Kalen was standing. I think he thought that was pretty funny.  He also loved the train and would clap when the "woo woo" sound came on.  By the time 3:00 rolled around, we were all a little dead and the drive home was much more peaceful thanks to napping children in the back.  I wish Kurtis could have taken off work and gone with us but it was a good time nonetheless.  But next time, I need to wear better sneakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment