Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sam's first day of first grade

Here he is saying "first grade" and showing his number one!

Getting on the bus to go do the school thing:)
Sam started school yesterday and boy, was he excited!  Mom was a nervous wreck....it was his first FULL day of school which included eating lunch at school, his first BUS ride to school, and overall just a full day of firsts in first grade.
As he got off the bus, he had a huge smile on his face and told me that his new teacher is the nicest teacher ever.  She let them have two extra recesses, which I believe may have been the reason that she is the nicest teacher ever.  She also let them have popsicles for an afternoon treat.  He sits right across from two children that sat at his table in kindergarten so that worked well too!  He only ate half of his sandwich and nothing else so today Mom only packed half a sandwich and much less for his lunch than yesterday:) 
I'm so proud of Sam and happy that he's taking change so well.  As a thirty something woman, I do not take change well and freak out over anything new and uncharted.  I'm glad that Sam seems to be following in his dad's footsteps!

No comments:

Post a Comment