As for his present, I took an idea from a blog and made a gift of One Year of dating ideas. You take each month and plan one date night in and one date night out. I'm copying what I did below so you can see what I did (in the simplest form).
One Year of Dating
Two Dates A Month
1 at-home
1 out
It’s all been planned
You just have to choose the day!
Because dating you is the
best gift!
One month:
Dear Kurtis,
This month it’s all about ART!
Pick a day and let’s create a work of ART at home!
Then pick another and let’s go see some ART.
So that our heARTS may become one!
Love,
Greta
Date night in: making art at home, painting a picture together.
Date night out: going to the Dayton Art Museum
Next month:
Dear Kurtis,
It’s hard to find time for just us with all the kids.
Let’s have a slumber party at home after the kids go to bed J
And let’s take a trip to the local playground for a good game of one on one basketball.
Love,
Greta
Greta
Date night in:For this month’s date night in, we will watch a sporting event of your choice, complete with popcorn, blankets on the floor and the remote in your hand. Simple, but fun!
Date night out:For our date night out we will go play basketball together for fun.
Third month:
Dear Kurtis,
I want you to know that it is a “Pleasure Being Married to you” and one night this month I will prove that to you.
And then I will challenge your smarts in a bookstore!
Love,
Greta
Date night in:
Pick one night this month for a pleasurable evening
Date night out:day this month we will enjoy a day out at the bookstore. Each of us will search for a good book to enjoy on our own and then we’ll find a book to read together!
Fourth month:
Dear Kurtis,
Let’s laugh and have fun with a Comedy Club Night at home.
And then let’s enjoy renewing the spirit of the temple!
Love,
Greta
Date night in:Pick a movie of your choice to watch and give us a good laugh.
Date night out:We will make it a goal to get to the temple this month!
Fifth month:
Dear Kurtis,
You are my Superman! And one night this month I will show you just
How much I love my Man of Steel!
And then we’ll get to see just how steely you and I are as we go for a ride around the town while only supported on two wheels.
Love,
Greta
Date night in:
“You’re my Superman” Kit!
Date night out:For our date out we will go on a bike ride together using the new bike path in town
Sixth month:
Dear Kurtis,
We may never have taken a honey moon here, but it has been something we wanted to do. This month let’s take a trip to Hawaii from the comfort of our own home!
And then let’s go enjoy the great outdoors and games with a picnic in the park.
Love, Greta
Date night in:Tonight we’ll order Hawaiian pizza, drink Tropical Punch, wear our Hawaiian attire while looking through a Hawaiian guidebook at beautiful paradise
Date night out:For our date night out, we’ll grab a board game of your choice, a picnic blanket, and find a shady spot at the park for a nice little dinner and game just the two of us.
Seventh month:
Dear Kurtis,
I love you so much and miss you when you are gone at work all day. So, let me show you how much I love my spouse with a special night at home.
And then let’s do something we would like to do instead of working, bowling, but with a romantic twist!
Love,
Greta
Date night in:Tonight will be all about time with you: eating your favorite dinner, doing a favorite activity of your choice, and spending quality time together.
Date night out:
Let’s Bowl!
Eighth month:
Dear Kurtis,
Who says you need to go outside to experience the great outdoors? I’m bringing it to you this month!
But, we’ll still get outside to enjoy an evening of walking hand in hand.
Love,
Greta
Date night in:Let’s go camping….inside! Complete with sleeping bags and glow in the dark stars
Date night out:Let’s go for a walk, anywhere, as long we’re together.
Ninth month:
Dear Kurtis,
It’s your turn to pick: we’ll play the video game of your choice, but I’ll choose the prizes for the winners and the loser.
And then let’s see how well we can conquer rocky grounds on our date out this month.
Love,Greta
Date night in:Pick a game and we’ll play
Date night out:For our date night out we will go rock climbing at the VRC
Tenth month:
Dear Kurtis,
Round and round and round it spins. Where will it land? Who will you have to kiss? Find out in our Spin the Bottle Date Night at home this month.
And then let’s enjoy a nice romantic dinner and a movie to celebrate our anniversary!
Love,
Greta
Date night in:Spin the Bottle!
Date night out:Movie and dinner out!
Eleventh month:
Dear Kurtis,
This month is special because of when we first started dating. Let’s recreate one of my favorite “when I first met you” moments and play scrabble like we did all those years ago.
And then let’s enjoy some ice cream at our “usual” spot to recreate our first date!
Love,
Greta
Date night in:Let’s play Scrabble
Date night out:Ice Cream for our first date anniversary
Twelfth month:
Dear Kurtis,
Let’s spend the cold winter month with some time baking and shaking!
We’ll make some goodies and then if the weather is right, we’ll make a snowman!
Love,
Greta
Date night in:Bake some cookies together!
Date night out:
Do you wanna build a snowman?
(It the weather isn’t snowy, let’s visit a nativity scene together!)
Kurtis loved the idea and is anxious to use the date nights. They are also mainly inexpensive dates, nothing too flashy. I'm so excited to share these dates with my hubs!
No comments:
Post a Comment