Earlier this week, Sam asked me why today was called "Good Friday". As I went to explain I had to stop myself and think why it's called "good" on the day that represents Christ's death. But as we talked about it, my 8yo (with his deep wisdom) said "that makes sense Mom. I get it." I wish I had the faith and understanding of a child.
Yesterday, while driving, Kalen spotted every truck there was: a tanker, a semi, a flatbed, a back hoe, a grain truck....all of them! He kept saying "look Mom! that ones carries oil. That one is a BIG truck. That one doesn't have anything on the back. What is that one doing?" Usually I get a little frustrated with all the talking...non-stop. But yesterday, I thought how much I loved hearing him talk, learning, explaining things from his perspective. He truly LOVES trucks and loves seeing them, talking about them. They give him joy in the simplest ways and that gives me joy in the simplest way.
Yesterday, while driving, Kalen spotted every truck there was: a tanker, a semi, a flatbed, a back hoe, a grain truck....all of them! He kept saying "look Mom! that ones carries oil. That one is a BIG truck. That one doesn't have anything on the back. What is that one doing?" Usually I get a little frustrated with all the talking...non-stop. But yesterday, I thought how much I loved hearing him talk, learning, explaining things from his perspective. He truly LOVES trucks and loves seeing them, talking about them. They give him joy in the simplest ways and that gives me joy in the simplest way.
No comments:
Post a Comment