Today: BRAG ALERT: I have a toddler Raggedy Ann costume in my collection. I totally just took the pantaloons apart to make myself a pattern for a pair to fit myself. I then took an old dress I wore in a biblical play and sewed it into a Raggedy Ann dress! Add the cap and wig from the child's costume and a Raggedy Ann apron I have....and I am Raggedy Ann. Gonna order some red/white striped tights and get some make up and it's happening! oh yeah, it's happening!!!! I can't believe I did it!!!
Some people would drive a different route to avoid the construction zone that has traffic down to a one line highway but not us Ebers. We've got a 4yo who likes Mom to drive extra slow through the construction zone so he can see all the construction vehicles in action...so that is what we do.
Take 16 month old, lay him down to change his diaper and clothing, powder him down with baby powder, have him take off running totally naked, then have him come back and sit down on mom's lap while she is wearing black sweatpants and you will know how my day started.
April 5: Isabel thinks Henry B Eyring looks like Grandpa Eber.
While going through my bookshelf today, I found a pocket-sized New Testament that my great-grandma carried in her later years. Inside the cover she wrote "I shall pass through this world but once any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human Let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again."
While out with Kal and Zeke today, we ran a bazillion errands. As I'm buckling them both into car seats for the twentieth time this morning, Kal stops me and says "Mom, look at that truck!" I turn and see a trailer carrying 20 golf carts. He was so excited for this one moment of something out of the ordinary and I was reminded that it's the little things we need to enjoy each day.
I like that quote by your Great-Grandmother. What an inspiring outlook!
ReplyDelete